- The pattern (please note: this pattern is licensed for personal use only and by downloading you are agreeing to that license. Thanks!)
- 1/3 yd of light pink fleece
- 1/8 yd of dark pink fleece
- Optional - interfacing for ears
- Tiny scraps of black fleece or felt
Cut out your pieces according to the pattern.
This pattern fits head size 18-20 inches using 1/2" seams. You could probably make it fit an even bigger head by using smaller seam allowances.
Stitch around the edge of the inner ear. Pinch the bottom of the ear and baste to make it more "ear-shaped"
Position the ear in the bigger dart of the side piece. Stitch the dart closed.
Match the notch at the front of the top piece to the notch on the side piece, and curve the top piece as you pin it to the side piece. Stitch both side pieces to the top piece. Trim off any edges that stick out weird around the face.
Cut the fleece on the long side extension into three strands.
Overlap the bottom of the strands and stitch in place, backstitching a few times.
Sew (or hot glue - I did) the face onto the hat as shown.
Put it on your adorable Piglet and tie the straps under the chin.
Stop by my blog next week for a tutorial on the ruffled striped onesie, and to see Pooh and Tigger.
Thanks for having me, Andrea!